Saturday of the Nineteenth week in Ordinary Time
"Let the children come to me"
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (1910-1997), founder of the Missionary Sisters of Charity
No Greater Love, p. 63
"Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
The path of loving trust means:
- Having an absolute, unconditional, and unwavering confidence in God our loving Father, even when everything seems to be a total failure.
- Looking to Him alone as our help and protector.
- To stop doubting and being discouraged, “casting all our worries and cares on the Lord” (Ps 54,22), and walking in total freedom.
- To be daring and absolutely fearless of any obstacle, knowing that “nothing is impossible to God” (Lk 1,37).
- Having total reliance on our Heavenly Father with the spontaneous abandonment of little children, totally convinced of our utter nothingness but trusting to the point of rashness, with courageous confidence in his fatherly goodness.
Source: ©Evangelizo.org 2001-2014